Friday, July 17, 2009

Review of KISS ME, KILL ME by Lauren Henderson



Where is it in the library?

Teen or Young Adult Section


Minimum Age

This book is perfectly fine for any middle school or high school kid. So probably 10 or 11 and up.



Short Summary of Plot
Scarlett, a sixteen year old girl living in London attending a very rich and trendy private school finally kisses Dan, the boy of her dreams. Right after their lips meet he suffocates to death! Everyone in the school blames her; she even blames herself and is forced to flee the school and hide out at her grandmother's very famous boarding school out in the country where no one knows her secret. She attempts to unravel the mysteries behind his death so that she can move on with her life.

My Two Cents
When I read the inside cover of this book I snatched it up immediately loving the story idea. I was surprised to find out the main character is a gymnast (which I thought was very cool). The authors descriptions of specific skills were well placed and accurate, I could tell she knew her stuff.

But I found her ideas of gymnasts body image and teenage mannerisms in general to be a bit cliche', like she was reading it from a manual or something. I didn't want to hear everything most people already believe is true about gymnasts or teens; I wanted something fresh and new!


By the time I got to the middle of the book I realized the only thing that kept me reading was the hope that something great would happen in the end. Whether it did or not I won't say but either way I truly believe that to give a score of ten to any book you have to enjoy the process just as much as the product.

Score on scale of 1-10
5


Let me know what you think!

Next Weeks Book: THIRTEEN REASONS WHY by Jay Asher

No comments:

Post a Comment